With Spring Break in full swing love is definitely in the air! But are the majority of 18-34 year olds ready for a Spring Fling? According to the just released Dentyne Safe Breath Survey – maybe not. The Dentyne Safe Breath Survey found that bad breath tops the list of dating no-nos, embarrassing social interactions and confidence killers – key findings include:
• 58% have lost interest in someone they were initially attracted to due to bad breath. Charm alone can only get you so far – 48% of women 18 to 34 would end a relationship with someone with consistently bad breath.
• There are some things you can look past and still have a good date, such as sweaty palms (50%) or wrinkled clothes (47%). However, try to avoid the garlic mashed potatoes at dinner: 86% of those polled could not disregard bad breath on a first date.
• The truth hurts, and most aren’t ready to tell it to you straight – especially when it comes to breath blunders. 85% of people think it would be harder to tell someone they have bad breath than tell them their zipper’s down.
• 71% feel less confident meeting someone of the opposite sex if their breath isn’t fresh.
• 53% of Americans ages 18 to 34 have had an “intimate moment” cut short because they were unprepared. In fact, 76% say bad breath would be a more embarrassing end to an “intimate moment” than unflattering underwear.
• Skinny jeans definitely have their drawbacks. 78% have sacrificed essentials during a night out to avoid carrying them, and nearly 1 in 4 (23%) have left gum at home because they didn’t want to carry it – a rookie mistake.