With recreational marijuana use already legal in two states and medical marijuana use legal in twenty states, it’s clear that the governments view on the substance is continually shifting. According to our friends over at The Huffington Post, Rep. Earl Blumenauer (D-Ore.) says that it’s likely we’ll see at least another one or two states legalize recreational use this year, as well as more medical use progress. The FDA has been green-lighting studies that explore the benefits of marijuana, and President Barack Obama‘s recent signing of the Farm Bill is yet another indication of the quick track to legalization.
And here are some more interesting links to kick off your Wednesday morning…
• Columbia track star runs down ticket scalper who sold him fake tickets [Extra Mustard]
• ‘Big Brother’ star wants to do playboy [TMZ]
• Miley Cyrus and Avril Lavigne’s cat fight [Drunken Stepfather]
• 5 jobs that should never be taken by robots [Maxim]
• Nothing beats a girl on her bike [The Chive]