Most of the time we try not to question what we’re eating as we shove Taco Bell down our throats at 4 AM…but every now and then, you gotta stop and think what in God’s name am I actually eating? Well, Taco Bell finally addressed what’s actually in their glorious and tasty mystery meat.
To begin: Taco Bell’s beef is actually only 88% beef. Already this is worrisome. However, the company went on to explain what the other 12% is–which requires a pretty hilarious (and distressingly detailed) chart.
Some of our favorite things they address… “What about the other 12 percent?” Taco Bell answers: “They do have weird names-perfect for tongue twisters! But these ingredients are completely safe.” To the question, “Is It Grade D Meat?” TB answers: “Although that’s funny, the answer is NO. In fact, there’s no such grade given by the USDA for beef. We use the same quality beef used in all ground beef (like you’d find in the grocery store).” Any MSG? TB’s answer: “nope, none!”
At the end of the day, if you’re eating Taco Bell and you’re worried about what’s in it…you should probably not be eating at Taco Bell.